Our Top 5 Uk Christmas Market Destinations
Friday November 21, 2014 by Alex Wood
Brilliant birmingham's victoria square
The nights are starting to draw in and it’s all starting to feel a little festive, so we thought we’d help to get you in the seasonal mood!. And what better way than by taking you on a tour of our top 5 UK Christmas Market destinations?
So ho ho ho, and off we go!
1. Birmingham's Frankfurt Christmas Market is a must see and a huge favourite with both brummies and visitors alike, with people coming from all over the UK and Europe. It's now the largest outdoor Christmas Market in the country and the centrepiece of the Christmas events calendar is open until the 22nd December. Hosted in Victoria Square, this fantastic location provides a great back-drop and is handily also only a few minutes walk from Birmingham New Street Station. Charming wooden cabins light up the streets with a festive glow, and there's a carousel to keep our younger visitors entertained as the sweet scent of mulled wine & mince pies fills the air!
With so many stalls to browse, why not avoid the evening crowds by taking advantage of one of our great centrally located serviced apartments and stay for the whole weekend? With the markets right on your doorstep for a relaxing morning browse, there are also plenty of other activities in Birmingham to keep you entertained for the whole weekend. Take a look at our Birmingham city guide to help you plan your stay.
2. Christkindelmarkt, Leeds is one of the most established German Christmas Markets in the UK. Magical Millennium Square in the heart of the town will transform itself into a scenic winter village, with over 40 traditional wooden chalet stalls decorated with festive greenery and twinkling colourful lights, themed indoor venues and the traditional Christmas carousel ride!. Running until the 20th December, this market is a must visit attraction for all the family. In addition to the German market there is also a Festive Family Funfair taking place on Victoria Gardens from 21st November to 21st December every Friday, Saturday and Sunday…
This Christmas why not try out something new and head up to Leeds for a family weekend to enjoy the market. If you decide to stay, we have some great serviced apartments just a 10 minute or so walk from the action, and our handy Leeds City Guide will give you some ideas of what else Leeds has to offer.
3. Bath Christmas Market - This Christmas Market is a real gem and up to the 14th December the quaint old streets of this World Heritage City are transformed into a Christmas shopper's heaven. In the heart of Bath's main shopping district, more than 170 traditional wooden chalets line the streets, each one offering unique, handmade and unusual gifts, decorations, food and festive tipples - everything you might need for the perfect Christmas celebration.
Why not make a weekend of it and stay in a family friendly serviced apartment. Once in Bath this Christmas, you'll find that there is a lot more to explore and experience beyond the market and our handy Bath City Guide will help you plan your trip.
4. Glasgow loves Christmas If you’re a fan of everything Christmassy then Glasgow is the place to visit this December. They don’t just have a market, they have a whole Christmas carnival!! The festive fun starts on Sunday 23rd November with The Style Mile Christmas Carnival, then there’s the blessing of the Crib on the 3rd December, followed by the ever popular Santa Dash fun run on 7th December.
The Glasgow Christmas market itself runs until 21st December and offers delicious delicacies, handmade gifts and unusual curiosities, all set in a charming wooden chalet village in St Enoch’s Square. There will also be the wonderful Gluhwein House (a covered bar area) with wines from around the world, Bavaria’s favourite beers and much more. So if you shop till you (almost) drop there'll be somewhere to stop off for a refreshment to revitalise yourself.
This is billed as a global Christmas market with traders from all around the world (as far afield as Ecuador, Russia and Finland) and so for that unusual Christmas gift, a visit to the Global Christmas Market in St Enoch's Square is a must!
Why not take advantage of some great offers available in December and make a weekend of it. There are some great serviced apartments nearby and our Glasgow City Guide will help you to make the most of all that this amazing city has to offer…
If you’re coming to London this December then there are plenty of Christmas markets to choose from. The Canary Wharf Christmas Market, Winterville in Victoria Park, The Tate Modern Christmas Market and the London Bridge Christmas Market are all worth a visit but our personal favourite is the…
5. Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Open from 21st November until 4th January this isn’t just a market but a whole festive village. There’s an ice rink, circus shows, a magic kingdom, fair ground rides, a Christmas market and an ice bar all waiting to entertain you at this central London Christmas fair.
You’ll certainly need more than just a day to enjoy all that London has to offer this Christmas so why not book a city break and stay in a convenient city centre serviced apartment. Our London City Guides will help you explore the capital no matter where you stay!
So dig out those dodgy Christmas jumpers, wrap up warm and let the festivities begin!
Prestige Apartments has a wide range of serviced apartments and vacation rentals on offer throughout the UK. We'll have something to suit all budgets and group sizes so why not consider a festive city break in a serviced apartment this year. Just get in touch with our friendly sales team and they'll help you choose your perfect family friendly apartment.
TEL: +44 20 7704 6514 or EMAIL: email@example.com
Posted by Alex Wood