Serviced Apartments - The Hotel Alternative?
Friday August 8, 2014 by Alex Wood
europa house is perfect for all the family
So summertime has arrived and our thoughts have turned to family holidays.
Hotels are great and we love them, but when you're travelling with families they're not always the best option. Why not consider the possibility of renting a serviced apartment instead, for a family friendly option that'll keep everyone happy!
Here are a few considerations that you may want to bring into account before making your decision:
The price of a two bedroom apartment is usually going to be around about the same as two equivalent standard hotel rooms, but (and it's a big but!) you ALSO get a living room AND kitchen included in that price.
You almost certainly aren't planning to spend all of your valuable vacation time cooking, but for families a full kitchen is an absolute life saver. Stock up the fridge with their favourite foods and snacks and you'll have happy kids. Travel-weary toddlers may be too overwhelmed to test that fancy new dish at the hotel restaurant but if you can bring out the old favourites to give them a taste of home, you'll be in for a much happier stay.
Although hotels can offer adjoining rooms, it's often quite an expensive option and if the worst happens and you have two separate rooms then often mum and dad will have to separate as well! In a serviced apartment you're all going to be together in the same flat, and therefore come bedtime you can pack the kids off to their room while you carry on socialising in the luxury of your own living room.
Apartments will usually provide double the space of a similarly priced hotel room which is great for families. Toddlers will have room to run around, teenagers can go for a ‘sulk' in their bedroom and parents can sit down to watch their favourite movie, have a glass of wine, or dish up a family meal around the dining table.
Whilst the internet is seen as a priority for most of us, in business travel it's an essential, and as serviced apartments started out aimed at this market most include internet connection for free. So, if you're a big kid like me, you simply have to log on as soon as you arrive in order to pick up emails, or (again, like me or my nieces and nephews) you simply have do some social media bragging about your amazing holiday, then serviced apartments make ideal vacation rentals
Prestige Apartments has a wide range of serviced apartments and vacation rentals on offer throughout the UK. We'll have something to suit all budgets and group sizes so why not consider a staycation in a UK serviced apartment this year. Just get in touch with our friendly sales team and they'll help you to choose your perfect family friendly apartment.
Tel: 020 7704 6514 or email: email@example.com
Here are some ideas to tempt you towards serviced apartments that offer just that little bit extra for families:
- Voted Top Serviced Apartment Provider by Frommer's - London with Kid
- Privately enclosed three acre garden onsite including children's playgroun
- Kids Concierge
- Grocery shopping service
- Restaurant delivery service
- Children's Board Games, Toys and sports equipment
- DVD and book library
- Emergency Baby Supplies on arrival
- WII console and games provided free of charge on reques
- olouring kit, postcards and London oriented books on arrival
- Complimentary Teddy Bear on arrival for children under 10
- Toddler dressing gowns and slippers
- Board games and card games
- Childrens books and DVD's
- Local leisure centre with swimming pool
- Close to cinema, river walks, Windsor Castle & Legoland!
- Teamed up with local attractions providing a 20% discount voucher, i.e. the Jorvik Viking Centre
- Cot - free of charge
- High chair - free of charge
- Trusted contact details for respectable child minding companies
- Cots, extra beds, high chairs, sterilisers for baby bottles - free of charge
- Backs onto well known Bushy Park with playground, sand pit, horse riding and tennis courts
- Upper and lower garden suites are linked by a lovely walled private courtyard
I know, I know...I've missed out your favourite family friendly serviced apartment! Let me know your number one apartment for families on Facebook or Twitter (#PASholidays) and I'll put together all of the favorites throughout the year in a round up review post!
Posted by Alex Wood